An announcement concerning the upcoming EARLI Conference hosted at the Faculty of Education:
You may be aware of a conference taking place here, at the Faculty of Education, on August 27th-28th 2018. This is being co-organised by two special interest groups (‘Methods in Learning Research’ [SIG17] and ‘Educational Theory’ [SIG25]) of the European Association of Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI). The theme of the conference is ‘Dialogue between ontology and epistemology: New perspectives on theory and methodology in research on learning and education’.
The response to this conference has been extremely positive, with 84 papers or workshops being accepted after peer-review. The two keynote speakers are Susan Robertson (Faculty of Education) and Martyn Hammersley (Open University). You can find the preliminary programme here. ‘Early Bird’ registration for the main conference is still possible until June 30th (seehttp://theoryandmethods.com/register/).
Note in particular, on Sunday 26th August, several pre-conference workshops are taking place:
- Methodologies for examining expanding conceptualizations of learning
- Exploring lived experience in classroom situations: gathering and analysis of second-person data
- Design research: Methodology and theoretical background
- Qualitative Content Analysis Program QCAmap – an open access text analysis software
- A Living Theory perspective in educational research on learning and education
Local colleagues and doctoral students are invited to participate in these workshops even if they do not register for the main conference (JURE members – free of charge / All others €10). In order to sign up for a workshop(s), please first contact the organisers (see here for the contact info) to see if there is space in the workshop of interest, before registering for the pre-conference here.